ThinkWell is seeking an Knowledge Management Coordinator to provide operations, administrative, and communications support to ThinkWell’s Strategic Purchasing for Primary Health Care (SP4PHC) project. The coordinator plays an essential role, using discretion and independent judgement to support communications and day-to-day operations of the project. Liaising with other departments and teams across the company, the coordinator is cross-culturally proficient and adaptable to partner with remote and global staff working across time zones.
The Coordinator assists with a wide range of project administrative and operational responsibilities and works with Program Managers to provide routine support for daily operations to ensure the smooth functioning of the SP4PHC project, including those described below. The Coordinator will need to effectively manage a variety of competing priorities, often under time pressure, coordinating and communicating effectively with a team spread across 10 countries.
The Coordinator brings experience in writing, visual presentation, and editing, together with an understanding of communicating health issues in developing countries. The Coordinator will help promote ThinkWell’s products and content to diverse audiences within project countries and globally, supporting the delivery of information on ThinkWell’s behalf through social media, newsletters, and website management.
The Coordinator will play a central role in SP4PHC participation in conferences and webinars. This will include logistical and planning support, helping staff prepare presentations and posters, tracking abstract submissions and responses, managing registration, travel and visas, setting up webinar technology and managing online registration, and other administrative and communications tasks as needed.
The Coordinator reports to the SP4PHC project Technical Advisor on Knowledge Management and is based remotely.
Project Administration and Operations
- Draft and coordinate consultant, vendor, and sub-recipient contracts, maintaining tracking of invoicing and deliverables, receipts of required reports, and monitoring expenditures.
- Provide support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, maintenance of online communications site(s), and development of communications materials.
- Keep pertinent information accurate and up to date for reporting and analysis.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and conferences as needed, assist with travel logistics, including visa procurement if necessary.
- Schedule meetings and provide support for notetaking and distribution.
- Manage procurement of office equipment, software subscriptions, memberships and other administrative costs for the global project team.
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of the program operations and implements improvements as directed.
- Lead the development and routine maintenance of an editorial calendar, product tracker, and conference tracker.
- Support the editing, design, and dissemination of project materials, such as success stories, newsletters, briefs, blog posts, journal articles, presentations, and other communication materials. Ensure all project products follow the ThinkWell style guide, project branding, and templates. Manage external copy-editors and vendors.
- Contribute to, coordinate and execute project-specific strategic communications plans and activities, in consultation with the project team.
- Manage and update project web page content and layout using a CMS such as WordPress.
- Maintain a repository of materials supporting internal and external communications related to the project.
- Assist with the planning and lead the coordination of project events and conference participation, including schedule tracking, support to presentation development, and event logistics.
- Support a variety of communications tasks for project teams as needed, including learning products, webinar and conference preparation, and social media presence. Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the program achieves its communications goals.
- Disseminate the project’s materials on social media and website, track social media analytics, and help build awareness of the project and firm externally.
- Additional duties may be required.
Who We Are:
ThinkWell’s core values are our fundamental organizational principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work, and help us achieve our mission:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
Who You Are:
ThinkWell’s core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘doer’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BS/BA and 3+ years experience or graduate degree and 2+ years experience.
- Relevant work experience in the health sector required, preferably in the international arena.
- Extremely organized, conscientious, customer service and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressure. Able to work independently and seek guidance as needed.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities, and orientations as well as across work areas.
- Exceptional writing and editing capabilities. Established track record of preparing engaging, high-quality communications content (newsletters, blogs, press releases etc.) Comfortable translating technical information and data into easy-to-read language.
- Advanced proficiency in communications systems, platforms, and analytics. Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data. Substantial social media expertise.
- Full English fluency, second language a plus.
How to apply