Hyderabad: Telangana police on Sunday issued an alert highlighting the truth that cyber attackers are evolving their baiting strategies. The division additionally tweeted ideas towards the assaults.
It requested the individuals to confirm unsolicited emails, information, and hyperlinks. Regardless of all precautionary, if anybody turns into a sufferer of cybercrime, they will report it on 1930.
Cybercrime up by 57 laptop in Telangana in 2022
In 2022, cybercrime in Telangana rose by 57 p.c. The state noticed 13,895 cybercrime instances final 12 months as towards 8,839 instances in 2021.
Throughout 2021, the general crime price in Telangana elevated by 4.44 p.c. A complete of 1,42,917 instances had been registered throughout 2022 as towards 1,36,841 instances registered in 2021
White-collar crime elevated by 35 p.c. Crime towards ladies additionally elevated by 3.8 p.c. Kidnapping instances went up by 15 p.c.
5 methods to remain secure from monetary fraud
Following are the 5 ideas from Truecaller on the way to keep protected towards monetary fraud
- Be vigilant about suspicious logins and messages
- Solely browse safe and authorised web sites
- By no means share OTPs with others
- Don’t save your fee particulars on e-commerce web sites for future use
- Solely choose up calls from verified e-commerce companies or trusted numbers